Alex was more than unexpected, but more than a little wanted. Brook and I were shocked, then thrilled beyond belief. Was God really entrusting us with a baby? We were only 21 and 19.... could this be happening? The answer was a mighty YES!!!! And we were giddy at the idea of hold this precious gift.
The days were not short waiting for this little guy to get here. Not only was this baby stubborn enough to not show us that he was a boy, but he was also 21 days late and made momma sick for 7 months.
Brook and I fought over names. Timothy, Isaac, Isaiah, Joshua, James, Jacob, Jeremiah (can you tell I like biblical names and J names?) We had a girl's name all picked out, from the time I was about 16 weeks along.... but a boys? well, let's just pray it's a girl. We would say :o) God has a sense of humor :o)
Nothing went as "planned" but then again it never does :o) But it all worked out in the end, giving me a big healthy baby boy. 9lbs 3ounces and 23inches long.... that is one BIG BOY!!!!
Time started flying now. In the next 2 1/2 years we had 2 more babies and Alex was amazing! He loved being a big brother right away and was a huge help most days. He loved his baby brother and then his baby sister. Those were his babies and to this day he still loves on them and cares for them.
He is 9 now. He is handsome and tall and looks like his daddy. He is sweet and sensitive and helpful and kind. I can never say too many good things about how wonderful he is. I may enjoy looking back, missing those days of finding your nose or realizing for the 1st time that Momma isn't actually my name. But I love watching him grow. I am excited to see the man he becomes and I pray Brook and I help him have a personal relationship with his savior Jesus.
I picked some favorite pictures over the past nine years to put on here.... I have thousands more along with even more stories. But here is what I have put for this post :o)









2 comments:
Happy Birthday to a very handsome young man!
Congratulations to parents who are obviously God's perfect choice for him. Great job!!!!
My parents were pretty young when I was born...Dad was 19, Mom was 20.
I think they were awesome parents.
Becky K.
I am the older one too ;) How funny.
Thank you, he is a wonderful boy! A blessing from God in every way!
Post a Comment