We spent a lot of time in the Word of God and spending family time together. We did the resurrection eggs, which is always a fun way to show little ones the real reason for Easter. They all get so excited when I show them egg #12 which is empty.
Monday, March 28, 2016
Easter 2016
Excitement rose in the rouge house last week as we prepared for Easter. We borrowed a lot of fun books from the library as well as read a lot of books we had here at the house.
We spent a lot of time in the Word of God and spending family time together. We did the resurrection eggs, which is always a fun way to show little ones the real reason for Easter. They all get so excited when I show them egg #12 which is empty.
On Thursday, even though Passover and Easter didn't work out together this year, I washed the children's feet like Jesus washed the disciples feet, we had a "Last Supper" with the kids, ending the dinner with communion as a family. This is hands down one of my favorite things we do every year. The visual lesson Jesus gave to the disciples still shows so much to us and the children every year.
On Good Friday we talked about all Jesus went through to die for us. We talked about how sad the entire earth and heavens were when He said "It is finished" and took His last breath. Afterward we did a handprint cross craft. The big boys were not home Friday morning, but my 3 nieces and 1 nephew were here, so we had a ton of painting fun.
Friday night brought so much joy to the house, when my niece Constance come up for the weekend. We adore her and miss her terribly when she isn't here. Constance arrived at midnight and Alex, Constance and I stayed up talking until 2:30am. Saturday morning required a lot of coffee for this momma. LOL
Saturday, we went to church. Brook has been busy all week making everything perfect for our "Super Bowl" of services, Easter! I painted 60 hexagons and made a photo area. We also ended up getting our sink unexpectedly fixed. It is amazing how you can feel so much stress in the minute when things don't go as planned, but when it comes down to it, everything worked out perfectly.....as per the norm.
I didn't end up getting a family picture on Sunday, while we were all dressed for Easter. Elizabeth's dress tore, so I will be getting her a new dress for our Spring pictures next month. Sunday morning was great. I spent the morning blessing the experience Line, which is our Production, Worship and Creative teams at church. I made them a green room and loved on them through their stomachs. The big kids served all weekend in different areas, Alex worked in the nursery and was the Easter bunny, Tylor ran production in our Motion class, which is the 1st to 6th grade class and Melodey worked in the motion class as a helper with the games. The littles had a great time in their classes and Constance helped me out. All in all it was a great morning and through the weekend we had 34 Salvations, which is why we do what we do. People's lives were forever changed this weekend. And we, as a family, were incredibly blessed to be a part of that.
I hope you all had a blessed Easter. And keep an eye out for my 1st Vlog coming this week!!!!!! Ahhhhhh I am so excited!!!!
We spent a lot of time in the Word of God and spending family time together. We did the resurrection eggs, which is always a fun way to show little ones the real reason for Easter. They all get so excited when I show them egg #12 which is empty.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






















2 comments:
What a wonderful weekend to celebrate our awesome Lord!!
Blessings
Maxine
Thanks Maxine :)
Post a Comment