Thursday, October 30, 2008

Fun times

I love homeschooling! We have such a good time and learn so much!!

Today we are going to the butchers to get a half a cow with my Nana :) The kids are actually really excited about this :) hahaha!!! I really do have meat eaters :) That in itself is a learning experience that not every child gets and understands.

When we get home we are off to Wal Mart. We went to the Library last Friday, like every Friday, and got several books. Each child has their own Library card and has a special bag to put their books in so we do loose them.

One of the books I got was "Pumpkins" by Jacqueline Farmer. Such a great book! The kids loved it. It tells all about pumpkins, what it takes to grow them, how come people make Jack O Lanterns and even has some recipes.

Alex is our Chief in Training! He loves cooking and baking. In the back of the book are 2 Pumpkin pie recipes. One is a normal pumpkin pie made from a sugar pumpkin, but the other one is the way the pilgrims would have made the pie. So today we try both. I will let you know how it turns out! But we are excited to see the difference.

Have a good day! We are going to :)

No comments: