I love being a Mama and Wife! It is what I wanted to be, my whole life. I believe that this is the greatest job of them all and showing my love to my family is what I do best. I love the little things, that bring the smiles and make the memories.
I love seeing their eyes light up with the little surprises that are out of the ordinary. We are pretty scheduled people, homeschooling and all. So when things are different, that is fun for them.
I try to do something fun for every holiday - sounds like a lot of work, but it is well worth seeing them smile and laugh through it.
Right now we are getting ready for Halloween. I love having a day of dressing up and candies and popcorn balls and apple cider. This year I made a pinata that looks like a pumpkin dressed up as Mickey Mouse :) We are going to play pin the parts on the pumpkin. I have several other games and crafts, not to mention that you can turn anything in life into a lesson.
This week we are talking all about shinning for Jesus. For showing others His light! This is a great lesson that I think is sometimes over looked. And what better time, then a time when some are celebrating the dead and witches and goblins and scary things like that, to show that the real love in this world comes from our Lord, Jesus and what He has done for us.
So as the children dress up and go out to gather treats, I know they are knowing why we really celebrate and what we need to be sharing!
1 comment:
Nicole,
Thanks for taking the time to share some of your ideas about Food Science Curriculum. I will check them out!
Have fun with your kiddos this week.
Becky K.
Post a Comment