Friday, April 3, 2009

And life goes on.....

Since September I have been surrounded by the new life that God blesses us with. So far 11 babies born to family and dear friends... with 5 more still to come.

During all of this time my auntie Dorothy has been suffering with Cervical cancer. She had surgery in October and it was thought to be on the up hill. She went though radiation and was looking good.

Ok, I am going to skip ahead now....


Monday morning I got a text message from a very dear sister in Christ, Kelly Jo. This is an amazing woman of God, a beautiful wife, and a wonderful mother on what is now 11 children. Yep, on Monday morning I got a text saying that Number 11 is now here.

How very exciting!!! And now with one less blanket in my sewing basket, as it is on it's way to a new baby, I received a call from my mom. She was quiet and soft. I knew that it was the quiet of death in the family. I have heard it all too much it feels.

My Aunt Dorothy has gone home to be with Jesus. We didn't know about all the cancer and radiation that was told earlier. This was a huge shock!

As this happened, it amazing me that our God has the perfect plan in our lives. He knew when we would come into this world, and He knows when He will take us home.

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations." Jeremiah 1:5

1 comment:

Becky K. said...

Loss is loss for us even when it may be sweet relief for those who are on to their eternal reward.

I am sorry to hear that you are going through this.

How wonderful to remember this verse and be comforted by it.