Monday, September 28, 2009

Melodey

I love my baby girl, even on days like today. She is excited and anxious, as Daddy is coming home. And like every 5 year old, she doesn't always express herself is an adult manner. And she shouldn't. She is 5 :o)

I love her mind! Days like today I can see her mind fully. She is very mathematically minded, everything has an order and a place and she loves patterns, as was seen when she redid my bookshelf this morning to her liking. Instead of the books in topic order they are now in size and color order :o) I love to watch her get excited about numbers and math and show the boys who things "should" go, according to her.

She also has another side to her. Melodey is not all math and logic. She is very artistic and creative. (I think she gets a lot of this from her daddy.) She loves to color, draw, paint, sculpt, anything that helps her create.

This is also how she expresses herself in good or in bad. If she is happy she will draw people hugging, sunshines and rainbows, flowers and animals. If she is sad or disappointed, sad faces and rainy days. As her mommy, I can say that I don't always appreciate getting a sad face drawing when she is sad about something, but for the most part it just tickles me. She will slide a picture onto my desk to let me know what she is feeling. After I get the picture we can cuddle up together and find out why she is sad.

I thank the Lord everyday that I have this beautiful little girl in my life. She has taught me so much about life, God and myself.

1 comment:

Becky K. said...

Nicole,

It is evident how well you know and love your daughter. Beautiful!

Becky K.