Saturday, September 19, 2009

Visitors

I know I haven't been on in a while. We have had a ton of company and it has kept me busy. September 4th, Brook's grandparents, his sister, Hollie and her Great Dane, Danety, came for 5 days. This was a great visit, as it has been since May 2008 since we have seen them.

Brook is very close to his grandparents, as they were always such an encouragement in his life to follow the Lord. They are an amazing couple and I loved just being here with them, chatting with them, watching them love my children and being able to give to them a place to visit with their great grandchildren.

They got here on Saturday night, so Sunday morning we all went to church. It was so nice hear Grandpa and Tylor singing It is Well With my Soul together. Amazing how God touches your life with something as simple as a song. Then at the end of the service the pastor showed a slide show with the song How Great Thou Art and Grandma and Grandpa both sang along. It not only bought tears to my eyes but Brook's as well. He told me later that hearing them sing reminded him of going to church with them as a child.

That week we also played Catch Phrase with Grandma, Grandpa, Hollie, Shelby, Lindsay, Nana and Brook and I. It was a blast. The children did a lot of playing out doors where Grandpa and Grandma watched with joy in their hearts. Hollie did a lot of playing with the children as well. One day we also all went to the Zoo. It was a lot of fun for us and for the children to spend some time with them.

Grandma, Grandpa and Hollie all left on the 9th. On the 11th, Sneakers, our new kitty arrived. He is 15 years old and very sweet. On the 12th my father in law arrived.

Popi got here on Saturday night. We have had a great time with him. The children especially love having him here. We having lived near them all their lives, so not seeing him for a year has been hard on them. They have been playing with him a ton.

On Monday the 14th, my sister in law, Harmonie, her husband, J, and their 4 month old baby, Asher, arrived for 2 days. This was my first time to see my new nephew and he is wonderful and perfectly made! Oh what a blessing to hold and play with him. Harmonie and I fought for air space all day both days and nights :O) But it was so nice to visit with them. Uncle J played a lot with the children.

So now as I write this Brook and his dad are in South Padre Island at a festival that Brook built a web site for, gathering pictures and video for next years web site, I am thinking about how much I love having people here. It is so very nice to be able to have family come see us!

Tomorrow Brook and Pop come back, then on Wednesday they both leave for CA. Brook will be gone until the 28th seeing clients in CA. It is always hard for the children and for me to having Brook away, as we are always together :O)

I hope all of you have been busy and happy as well!

1 comment:

Becky K. said...

Good to see your post.

Family is so wonderful and I love that you mentioned your music memories and how special it was to hear your visitors singing. Music touches a very special place in our hearts.

Becky K.