I have been married (Happily I will add) for 10 years, and have picked up a little information from my husband that I think is useful for a good marriage.
1. Men don't like pink, they don't want to walk through the house after a shower with a pink towel around them or go to get in bed after a hard day's work and sleeping in pink, frilly sheets with extra "throw" pillows. That brings me to #2...
2. If it is called a throw pillow, expect your hubby to start a pillow fight at any given time :O)
3. As much as your hubby will learn for you he will never understand cloth napkins.
4. When trying on a white heel and egg shell heel don't expect an honest answer when asking which one he likes better. Or better yet, 2 black heels but one being a kitten heel and 1 a stiletto.... he doesn't care. You could wear tennies for all he cares.
5. My hubby is wonderful and has learned that there is the proper way to set a table.... he still doesn't not know why it has to be that way, but I think husbands will accept their there is always a "way" to do things. But in having your ways, if he is willing to help, don't criticize him.... let him have a way too. Maybe his way, might be better :O)
6. Let him know what you want, he cannot read your mind.
7. Know your body and don't let PMS say things to your hubby that you don't really mean. Let him know you are feeling grumpy, or sad and want to be alone or you need a hug. There is nothing better then when I break down to have my hubby come and wrap me in his loving arms. And all it took to get that was one time when we were dating and I was crying for him to say "just tell me what I can do when you feel this way." I told him to hug me.... 15 years later it still works.
8 The old saying "the way to a man's heart is through his stomach" is true. Make your hubby nice meals, lunches with love and heart in them. Never make a sandwich mad :O) They can tell.
9. As much as you love romantic comedies, watch blow 'em up ones too. And don't complain....especially if they watch You've Got Mail or Pretty Woman with you. Let him pick the movie sometimes too for date night. And for that matter, there is nothing wrong ith date night after the kids are in bed. Set up a movie, make popcorn and cuddle up on the couch and turn off the cell phones.
10. Don't require flowers or gifts, just ask that he loves you, loves Jesus and takes care of you. Really do you need anything else? I don't!
I love you Brook :O) You are an amazing man!
No comments:
Post a Comment