Sunday, April 28, 2013

Alex's 12th Birthday Weekend

Can I just say HOLY SMOKES my baby is 12!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yep, Alex James is officially in his last year of childhood. I am sad and happy all at once. Alex is such a wonderful young man. I love watching him grow up, but I can't believe how fast my baby has grown. It really doesn't seem like it was that long ago when they 1st handed me my baby, or when he would sit in his high chair and sing with the radio with me while I did dishes, or when he took his 1st step, said his 1st word, started reading, accepted Jesus.... all moments I treasure. I am so excited to see what the next part of his life entails. This was the 1st year he didn't want a party as much as he wanted a movie night and sleep over. On Wednesday (his actual birthday) we went to the Claremore Library and he got his library card. Eli came up Friday for weekend party fun. Saturday we did the Walk a Mile in Her Shoes, Engage (our church's worship night) and then we brought 6 extra child home with us for a sleep over. Melodey had her best friend Melody over and Alex had 5 guys. They watched The Hobbit, had hot cocoa with ice cream and had a sleep over. It was a ton of fun!

No comments: