
This is my daughter's favorite story. We are actually on our 2nd copy, because the pages started falling our 2 years ago and I had to go get it again :)
In reading this story for the 1,000th time last night, a new idea came to my mind. I don't know why I never saw the connection.
This is a story about a Momma tucking her little boy in at night. She tells him that she loves him and he asks "But Momma, But Momma, what if I were a ___________, would you still love me then?" And of couse no matter what his imagination thinks of (a big scary ape, a super smelly skunk named sticky face, a meat eating dinosaur, a slimy swap monster, ect) hi Momma loves him and will forever.
This reminded me of our Father. God loves us no matter who we are, what we've done, who we think we might be. He is our Father and that will never change. We might walk away, turn our backs, or tell him "NO!" But He is still Daddy, and still loves us.
I told Melodey this, and she was very excited. Last November she came to me asking why Jesus died on the cross and wanted Him to live in her heart too. It is amazing to me how He works in little hearts, just as He did in mine at 18 years old.
If you have children, this is an adorable story that they would want to hear over and over agin. If you don't you should still read it and see how much his Momma loves him and think about how much our Heavenly Father loves us.
God Bless!
2 comments:
I will have to check it out! Sounds like a keeper!
It is a really cute book! Your little guy will love it!
Post a Comment