Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas Letter

Greeting Friends and Family to my owners, the Rouge’s:

This year has been full and December doesn’t bring any slow time for my owners, so I, Miss Kiss have taken on the Christmas letter.

The year started out with a bang. The little kids and I slept while Mommy, Daddy and Alex rang in the New Year with game and root beer floats. With the start of the 2008 things were as normal as they can be in this home, with homeschooling the children (which means I get no rest), and Mommy having babies and little people over all the time. People seem to just leave their young with our Mommy. But she seems happy with it. Daddy spent the early part of the year doing his normal working at home and leaving me to go see other dogs and their owners to fix computers.

In May my world got turned upside down. We had this thing called a wedding… I think that is something that people do just to stress me out. There were “nice” clothes (which means my cute hairs can’t get one them), all sorts of ribbons I wasn’t allowed to play with and I was left for a whole day while Mommy, Daddy and my kids went to be in Auntie Harmonie’s wedding.

Also in May, Mommy woke up very early one morning and stuffed all sorts of clothes and blankets in the car and then put the kids and me in there too. We drove forever, all the way down to Papa Andy’s, where I freaked out… so many girls! Then we got back in the car and drove to a hotel. (The first of many this year) Then on to Grandpa Larry’s house. His house was wonderful. There were 3 boy dogs (yippy), and 2 free range chickens. After catching the one that was calling me names, I got put in the back room where I tore up the carpet in order to get out. The smells are great out there in the desert. We met new people called Grandpa Jerry and Mimi Nancy, Aunt Kelly, and some cousins that I tried to eat!

June was worst! Mommy brought me to Miss Mandy’s for the day with the kids were we had to stay. I think Mommy and Daddy were fitting our house and my Dora chair in a big truck. That night we left our comfortable home and fireplace to take a major adventure. The smells across this country were wonderful! The first place we went though, Mommy had a surprise for the family… a new puppy! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What was she thinking?

Miss Cuddles joined our family in Clear Lake… I liked her and decided I would adopt her. Her Mama left too early and she needed me. I didn’t know she would grow to be so big so fast, but no worries, I have her under control! So we gathered back into our car and Daddy followed us to a place full of wonderful smells and bugs to chase like you wouldn’t believe. A place called, Arkansas! It was wonderful. The heat! Ahhhhh! Nothing like it. The bugs…. The tastiest and of for the adventures I tried to take. But alas, Mommy and Daddy packed us up one more time and moved us to a place called Oklahoma.

Mommy and Daddy seem happier and the kids are wonderful with their schooling here at home! My little Cuddles is growing like a weed and we have Macey and her owner, Mimi over a lot. I like her smell a lot too.

So that was our crazy year. I am hoping that 2009 brings a lot of naps in the sun, fun smells and bugs to chase and tastie yummies for me. Merry Christmas and God Bless.

Love,
Miss Kiss, Miss Cuddles, Brook, Nicole, Alex, Tylor and Melodey