As we come into 2009, I have taken the last couple of days to look back on 2008. Wow! I am so glad I have God in my life. I cannot have imagined doing all we did on our own this past year. If you have told me what would happen in our lives last January I would have laughed at you :)
But as I always say, "You plan, God laughs"
This spring my sister in law, the baby, got married. We were so excited to be apart of that. I planned it with her, while she was deployed. I also got to be her Maid of Honor. The children were in the wedding and Brook ran the music and filmed and photographed the wedding. This was HUGE! We had a great time!
Shortly after we took a vacation to Arizona to see my dad and his wife and meet my grandpa and his wife and aunt Kelly and her boys :) That was so much fun, but a little crazy. Map quest had told us that it would take about 17 hours and it took about 23 hours :) When we got there my dad's dog tried to make little puppies with our Doxie, and then Kiss (our Doxie) killed one of his chickens. UGH!
When we got home we packed our house and moved across country to Arkansas. We got a truck that was too small, It took an extra day, and I drove away from the gas station with the car still attached. We got to the house :( and it was not what was expected! But God lifted us through. We spent 3 months in prayer over this. We grew stronger as a family and fell in love all over again with the man of my dreams.
In September we made it to Oklahoma. Wow! Just crazy. It has been nuts, but it has been our life :) God is always surprising us and I can't wait to see what He has in store for us this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment