Saturday, May 18, 2013

God Interruptions

I am a planner! That is an understatement. I am a major planner. Down to my color coded weekly calendar that I update every Saturday.

Today's plan:
Devotional
Watch Lani and Lexi
Creative Meeting
Claremore Library
Dinner
Family Movie Night

Sounds like a pretty easy day....and then God interrupted.

I was finishing up the last of the creative stuff, just talking to God about the rest of the day and how I was so glad I could spend the day resting and playing with 6 wonderful children. When my phone rang.

It was a friend of mine and I could hear in her voice panic. She told me her sister was locked in her house being beat up on by her boyfriend. (And this girl has an 8 month old).

I stopped, what could I do? I have a car full of children ready for lunch, really FULL! Ok God who do I call? He gave me a name. I told this girl I would call her right back and looked out the window while getting ready to call this other friend. There she was, sitting in her car. Thank you Jesus!

I ran down, told her the situation. She couldn't go on her own.... that's just not smart. She got a hold of the girl who called me and found out her sister might have a way out. As my friend pulled out of the parking lot God's peace came over me. They will all 3 be fine. Ok God. So home we went.

15 minuted later I got a call that the place she was going to take them wasn't open and could they come by. In my head I thought, but we need to make it to the library before they close. But my heart spoke, of course.

Soon after they were in my livingroom. God brought words of encouragement and love to speak to this girl. He opened a place for her and ride to get there and a cloud of protection for her and her baby.

We did make it to the library, later then planned, but it was worth it. As they left for the 1st step in their new life I thanked God for using me today.

How quickly do you answer when God calls? Is your schedule more important then His? Are your plans of a quiet Saturday too important to help out when called? Convicted. Redeemed. Used, today!

Be calm and quiet and listen for that soft small voice.... God doesn't speak through the giant winds and enormous storms, but in that soft still whisper. HEar what He is calling you to do today.

1 comment:

kiwimeskreations said...

Our sermon this morning was on listening to God - what a great example you have given me - I have also been following some devotions that talk about our attitude when interrupted, and I have been challenged with that too - thank you for sharing that it is not 'all bad' to be interrupted, and that to respond in a Godly manner is more important than our plans.
Blessings
Maxine
p.s. I live in New Zealand so we are ahead of you a wee bit :-)