Wednesday, May 8, 2013
Mommy's Water Challenge
So I HATE water..... No really. I have gone days without drinking any water because I hate it. I can taste everything in it. I will however, drink a bottle of water or water from a well. But let's get real. My refrigerator filters water and comes out cold and really I just need to be drinking water more then coffee, tea or pop.
So I bit the bullet! I am challenging myself to drink water all day.
But I know myself..... there is no way I am going to drink 8 big glasses a day. Come on! So I am making myself drink 1/2 glasses every hour from 7am to 7pm. This is where the crazy gallon comes in. Seeing that small amount makes it easy. Also it makes me accountable, even if only to myself. Also, I love to drink out of crazy glasses. (have you seen my coffee mugs? That should be a different blog). So I found the cheesiest glass and added an umbrella straw. Now drinking water is fun....and maybe I can pretend it is tropical????? :)
I know it seems silly, but in the past 2 days I have actually drank both gallons of water and only had 1 cup of coffee each morning and 1 pop each afternoon. I did have a watermelon slush today so at 4 I forced myself through a whole glass of water to make up for missing the 3:00 hour.
I have heard, the more water you drink, the more you want. This is my hope. I need to be drinking more water and I needed reasons. So here they are (and yes, just the fact that you need to drink water everyday, was not a good enough one):
#1. If I want my kids to drink more water, I need to. Everyone knows things are caught not taught. I can say it all I want, but if I am drinking a Dr. Pepper, what are they going to want?
#2. It is far better for my vocal cords if I drink water. My main passion is singing to God. Why then, wouldn't I take care of my instrument? I always did when I played instruments.
#3. I am going to run a 5K on October 5th. I might be in a shape..... but not in shape. Water is better when I am out running and I know that.
So here I go...... Mommy's Water Challenge is underway :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment