Friday, March 14, 2008

Less Stress and More fun this year

This is the first year in the past 4 that I do not feel stressed out already about VBS. I have been directing Vacation Bible School for the past 3 years and my first on 4 years ago where I just did worship was just crazy. But this year I am not the Director. I have mixed feeling as I loved my job and miss it, but I love Mandy and she is doing such a great job. Plus I am only leading worship for the VBS and that is the most fun part :)

This year we are also having Family Camp the same week and a week of service for the whole family for our church. The days looks crazy starting at 7:30 and lights out at 11:00, but I am so excited about the whole thing.

We are so excited to be a part of the whole thing, minus camping... I have a feeling if I sleep on the ground for 6 nights, I might not be up for dancing in front of the children :) But we plan on being there for breakfast together and staying until the bonfire is over :) I think this should be not only a great event for our church body, but is going to be a wonderful evangelizing tool for our church.

It is only March and it is not until July, but as the worship leader we got started in January :) They need to know the songs and motions, better then anyone else :)

That is not the only thing we are doing this year. May Brook, the children and I are driving down to my dad's house in AZ to meet my grandpa Jerry, his wife Nancy, my aunt Kelly and her family, and my aunt Kat. Then Memorial weekend we are having my sister in laws wedding here in Crescent city. I am the maid of honor, mel is the flower girl and the boys are both ring bearers. Brook is doing all the photos for the wedding :) Fun adn Stress :)

Then in June we go down to Clear Lake for a family reunion with my Grandma, Mom and about 50 other people :) This should be a lot of fun, it is my great uncle Don's 80th birthday. Then on the 16th (which is my grandma's birthday) we are going up to Donner Lake for a week with her and my mom and 2 teenage cousins.

This is all exciting and sounds like a lot of fun. Please be praying for us during all this that we have the $$ foir it. Running our own business... months can be great or really challenging :) But that is the joy and stress of running your own business :)

Have a great day to all!