Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The Winter Flu Bug

Oh my word! I just sit here and sigh.... I am thankful we are all getting healthy now, but WOW for a week of tummy problems in this house.

Last week I started the group out with a grand old cold. Full Blown! Nothing held held back. So mid week I called our Children's Director at our church and asked her to find me a sub for Sunday. I have taught preschool aged kids long enough to know if I have it this week, it will be back in 2 weeks again :) So I decided to take our day of rest and hopefully have a nice day of rest and family worship here at home. That was my plan. :) hahahaha

Saturday night I went to bed feeling like a truck had hit me, only to wake up to the flu Sunday morning. Brook was still feeling pretty good, but tired on Sunday afternoon. This all changed Monday at 5am. Brook woke up to an upset stomach. I had been throwing up all night and was tired. Tylor woke early monday morning to throwing up as well. And there we were. 3 down 2 to go. Between Brook and I we shared nap times and "parent" times.

Tuesday Ty and I were still really sick and Brook was getting better little by little. Alex started coming down with the bad bad cold that I had had to begin with. It is Wednesday and he has still shown no signs of the flu and I pray it just passes over him without getting him. Melodey ended up with a bad tummy yesterday and sleeping for 3 1/2 hours in the afternoon, then this morning throwing up. UGH! I didn't want to do this over and over. But this afternoon she is bouncing all over and eating up a storm.

So it seems we will survive! Although, I wondered about 36 hours ago, after throwing up 7 times in one night. I still have not gotten all the way back to eating yet and my abs are killing me. It does seem like the rough diet and exercise method :)

I am hoping we will be bouncing back into our crazy life before we know it, but it has been nice a cuddled up in bed with my kids watching movies and reading and napping together :) So there is a blessing in everything... even the flu!

1 comment:

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

I can totally relate! We have had the stomach bug stuff here and now have it going around again!

Yikes!

I have been disinfecting my house once again!

Glad you are on the mend!