Monday, January 5, 2009

The Wedding Plans

I got married in 2000 to the most wonderful man in the world! But our wedding was nothing like I had dreamed. As a matter of fact, I can't even watch my wedding video without crying. It was that emotional for me. Of course there are some parts that I wouldn't change. The man I married is still the man I am deeply in love with and my papa walked me down the aisle and gave me away. I was the only one he did that for, not even my mom had him do that :) So with that I feel very blessed by.

As for the "dream" wedding... that just didn't happen. So, Brook has told me to start planning our 10 year anniversary with the wedding of my dreams. I was so excited. I have a whole book about the wedding that I had planned on... but some how life changes you. I had wanted a big princess wedding. And those of you who know me, know I mean princess :) I am a girly girl! But now, I want it small... just like I had.

My plan so far is to get remarried to Brook in June of 2010. This will be our 10th year married, even though our anniversary is in December. I have realized that no one will be able to travel in December... which happened the first time too.

We love Donner Lake. We fell in love on that lake :) And just seeing it has made me realize this is "our" place. Nothing big! Just Brook and Me and the kids and anyone who shows up, on our lake, in our way. So as this next year goes on, expect to see some plans coming together.

Right now I am still thinking and deciding, but as time goes on you will see the whole thing come together.

2 comments:

Becky K. said...

Nicole! That is so sweet! I love everything about the idea!

I do hope you'll include photos from your planning and the actual event here so we can see them!

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

That is so awesome Nicole!

I am behind on my blog reading and just getting caught up today!

It will be fun to hear all your plans!