Good Morning Friends :O) Today is 1/11/11 :O) And day 2 of my fasting! This is an amazing journey, as is the reading through the Bible this year. Making sure I take time to read all the words that God breathed into this book for me. What a blessing. How is everyone enjoying it?
Today's reading was Genesis 27-28 and Galatians 4
Today in Genesis we continue the story of the promise. With us now seeing how the promise went to the 2nd son instead of the 1st born as it should have been. It has always bothered me that Rebekah was the one who thought that Jacob should trick his father. But that is just what happened with Esau out to hunt and kill an animal for his father, Jacob just went out and got 2 kids (baby goats) and his mother cooked them and put the skins on Jacobs hands and neck so that if Isaac, who was going blind, would be fully tricked if he wanted to feel his son. This worked, although I think you can see that Isaac knows the truth, but then is tricked. The he gave his blessing to Jacob, and when Esau found out he cried out to his father for a blessing also. His father did give him one, but it was not what Esau wanted to hear.
When Isaac was about to die, Esau said to his mother that he was going to kill Jacob after his father died. Both their mother and father told Jacob to go to his uncle and get a wife. His father specified not to get a wife from Canaan. Esau seemed to want to "punish" his parents so he took a wife from Canaan.... hhhmmmm.... think maybe that will come back badly for him in the end.
Jacob on the other hand did as his parents told him and while he traveled he made camp for the night and God gave him a dream of a ladder with angels going up and down it. When he woke he knew that was the land for God's house and he gave a tenth back to God which what was given to him.
As we go into Galatians, we see that Paul is trying to explain the birth right thing to believers in Galatia. Stating that weather we are free or bonded to a man, if we have Christ, God sees us as free, as an adopted son of His. I always liked that. Knowing that no matter what my life is here, I am a daughter of the most high king. For me personally that was huge. When I became a Christian, my step dad - the only father I had ever known, left. I felt displaced and lost the 1st time I heard this. Knowing that God was my Father made it all that much more precious to me. He says "Abba Father," which is like Daddy. You don't call just any old man, Daddy. That is something held for someone special, our Daddy in heaven.
Have a blessed day friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment