Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Day 5

Good Morning Everyone! Day 5 and you all are doing great!!! Don't get discouraged if you miss a day, please just pick right back up where you are keep on going. God will bless everyday that you spend in His Word.

Today's Readings were Genesis 10-13 and Psalm 2

I am going to start with the Psalm, I love reading the psalms. I guess that is the musician in me, but I can almost hear David singing sweetly to God these beautiful songs.

Psalm 2 goes right along with how the people in Genesis decided to do things their own way and instead of coming to God in praying and bringing sacrifice. Instead they decided to build a tower to heaven, God decided that if this was the kind of trouble they were going to get into when they all spoke the same language then He would change that for them. Imagine the confusion. I love how in Psalm 2:4 it says that God will sit o His throne and laugh. You know that old saying "You plan, God laughs" I wonder if that came from right here. Their plan must have been great and exciting and God just laughed at them and put a stop to this crazy idea, knowing they would never make it.

In Genesis today we also saw how people got to different areas. What I like about this section was Abram and Sarai. You can tell that Abram wanted to follow God. And for the most part he did, but then all of a sudden he thought "ah heck, I can deal with this without God." And that is when trouble hit. Deciding to go into Egypt and pretend that his beautiful wife was his sister, CRAZY. I wonder now, after reading through this what amazing miracle God would have had if Abram would have stayed in Israel knowing their was a famine but trusting God. That could have been amazing, I bet. But God intervened when he went into Egypt and got them back out of there. And even though Abram had strayed from God, God had mercy on Abram and Abram found grace in god's hands. I can imagine who confusing it would be to hear that you and your barren wife would have dependents that would be so many you could count them like counting the dust.

But the end of Psalm 2 gives hope.

Psalm 2:12d "Blessed are all those who put their trust in Him."

Have a blessed day everyone!

No comments: