Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Day 4

Good Morning Friends :O) I pray these readings have been a blessing to you, as much as they have been for me.

Before talking about today's reading, I wanted to remind everyone that while we read the old testament remember that Jesus had not yet come to save us and God took things into His hands for teaching people to follow Him. That is not saying He doesn't show miracles today, I have seen them time and time again, but know that although yes He wants us to follow and not have sin He will not condemn those of us who have Christ as our savior. If you don't have Christ as your savior and you want some more information, please message me and I will help you to understand the loving kindness of our savior.

Today is Genesis 7-9 and 2 Peter 3

In Genesis 7-9 The Word tells us all about Noah and the flood. I think it is funny, mostly becasue I have been teaching little ones for so long, that the Bible stories books don't tell you that Noah and his wife and family and all those animals were just hanging out in that ark for a year before they got to get out. (And I thought it was crazy driving across country for 5 days with 3 kids and 2 dogs - hahahaha).

After all was said and done, Noah offered a sacrifice up to God (something, thankfully we don't have to do any longer). Then he became a farmer and grew a vineyard and made wine and got drunk. He not only got drunk but also laid in his tent naked and his youngest son saw and went to gossip to all the was around (his 2 older brothers). Instead of holding that over their parent's head, they, without looking, went and covered his body. In doing that, in respecting their father, even as an adult, they were blessed.

In 2 Peter 3, we end the book of 2 Peter with words that tell us to hold fast to the end. I have such mixed feeling about the end times, I want Jesus to come back right now!!!! But, I don't want to see any of my friends and family to go to hell. As some of you know, I am the odd duck in the family, the Jesus lover who prays about everything and talks about God all the time. I am praying that my family and friends that don't know Christ will turn and see Him before He comes back for us. So don't give up on anyone, Jesus can change their hearts and you are hear to tell everyone you know about Him and His great love!

Have a blessed day my friends!

No comments: