Good Evening Everyone! I pray you all had a wonderful Sunday. I did, and it was BUSY. I did read this morning, but have not really had time until now to respond to what I read.
Today's reading is Genesis 23-24.
We saw that Sarah has dies now, only 28 yeahs after having her son Isaac. WOW, she wanted all those years, 99 to be exact, to get a son form God and then she didn't even get to see him married or with children of his own.
But shortly after her death, in a time of still morning, Abraham send his servant to find a wife for Isaac. I thought it was interesting that he came up with a whole plan and that God did it to find Rebekah. Although it doesn't seem that her family is ready for her to leave, they ask her and when she said the she was ready to leave, they allowed her.
I also love how beautiful it is when she is coming over the field and she spotted Isaac. You can almost hear the excitement in her words as she asks who that is, like she already knows and is waiting for him. What a beautiful beginning to a love story.
I pray as your new week begins that you don't put this group aside, but remember to keep yourself in God's Word. God Bless!
No comments:
Post a Comment